As a result, many Jews believed, as did many of the prominent Greek women and men.
We see Paul's methodology for preaching Christ:
- find people at a time and place when they are open to spiritual matters.
- using scripture and reasoning, explain that Jesus is the Messiah (the Christ).
Acts 17:27 (NLT)
"His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him-though he is not far from any one of us.
- this translation uses "nation," but most others use "people." The underlying Greek word is usually 'ethnos' meaning groups of peoples of all sorts.
- Here are some longer notes on this:
Acts 17:32 (NLT)
When they heard Paul speak about the resurrection of the dead, some laughed in contempt, but others said, "We want to hear more about this later."
- The variety of ways in which people respond to the message hasn't changed much in two thousand years.