Friday, February 11, 2011

Acts 22:18 (NLT)
I saw a vision of Jesus saying to me, 'Hurry! Leave Jerusalem, for the people here won't accept your testimony about me.'

"'But Lord,' I argued, 'they certainly know that in every synagogue I imprisoned and beat those who believed in you.

- This is an interesting testimony from Paul. It re-emphasizes just how deeply ingrained in the synagogues and Judaism the early believers were.

Acts 22:23 (NLT)?..
They yelled, threw off their coats, and tossed handfuls of dust into the air. The commander brought Paul inside and ordered him lashed with whips to make him confess his crime. He wanted to find out why the crowd had become so furious.

- There's nothing like religious zeal for producing "righteous" anger and violence. It is most ironic when even today we sometimes see Christians "defending the faith" in a similar angry spirit.

No comments: