Saturday, April 19, 2008

Animal Welfare Advocacy

As someone who holds the life and teachings of Jesus in very high regard, I'm always looking to understand my own views of life, the universe, and everything. I'm always seeking a consistent, coherent view of reality upon which to base my life (and yes, even this coherent viewpoint contains much room for mystery! I know that I'm incapable of knowing ;-)...

I don't have much to say about how other worldviews consider the role of animals in our world, but It troubles me that Christians, (and many other people apparently, judging from the statistics on abandoned and euthanized pets) view animals as a commodity - just like a toy doll or teddy bear. Something to use for our own amusement, but throw away if they become inconvenient.

Thanks to this blog sent to me by a friend, I've discovered this book - which seems to deal with the topic from a Christian perspective. I'll buy it asap and post what I find:

No comments: