Sunday, March 20, 2011




1 Corinthians 5:9-11 (NLT)
When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. [10] But I wasn't talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that.

- An ironic mistake many Christians have made is to separate themselves from the population around, becoming what someone once called "a holy huddle." This is not what Paul is teaching at all, nor is it how Jesus lived among us.

[11] I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people.

- I notice Paul says "indulges." He seems to be referring to habitual behavior, not to those who struggle, fail and try again to break free from various problems that once ensnared them.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: